Did you take photographs at the 2017 parade?
Win a gift voucher for our favourite photo/printing shop by taking part in our mega scavenger hunt – here we’re looking for the photographer with the most points!
We’ll also have a prize for the photographer who submits our favourite photograph (regardless of points).
Competition rules below the list.
Downloadable version: 2017 Photo Scavenger Hunt
|1||Mounted police escorts||3|
|2||Identifiable groups/clubs||6||3 each for “Spuds and Sill” drama group and “Stockholm Gaels” sports club. They’ll have a banner with them.|
|3||Society banners||6||3 each for “Stockholm St. Patricks Day” and “Swedish Irish Society”|
|4||Adults in costume||5||1 per adult in group or individual pics, max 5 points|
|6||The sponsor banners on the stage||9||3 each for “Guinness”, “Wirströms”, “O’Dwyer”. Can be one or more photo|
|7||The main float/flak with the rainbow||5|
|9||Someone in an Aran jumper||3|
|10||Irish dancers performing||3|
|11||Irish musician/singers performing||3|
|12||People getting their faces painted||5|
|13||The Stockholm Pipe Band||3|
|15||The Ambassador of Ireland||6|
|16||The overall parade||10||A shot that really shows off the size of the crowd or parade and gives a sense of scale.|
|17||The Irish flag||3|
|19||Swedish and Irish flag together||5|
|20||A tin whistle||3|
|22||Happy families||9||3 per family photo, max 9 points|
|24||Your favourite costume!||3|
|26||A shot of the stage||3||All banners on stage should be visible|
|27||The 2nd truck/flak||3|
|28||Children in costume||5||1 per child in group or individual pics, max 5 points|
To enter the competition, send a link to a zipped file or to a folder containing your competition images (Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, iCloud etc). Mail the link to email@example.com and please contact us if you need help getting your entry to us. Subject line: “Photo competition”.
Please note: the images must be named after the item number listed above, t.x. 15.jpg or 5a.jpg, 5b.jpg, etc. This is so we can be certain which item is “captured” in the photo.
Competition closes at 23.00 on Sunday March 26th, with the winner to be announced during week 14.
The winner will be contacted by email and their name or username and links published on the Swedish Irish Society webpage and Facebook group.
- All submitted photographs must be taken on March 18th 2017.
- The same photograph cannot be submitted for more than one item.
- Participants must abide by all applicable laws and ethics codes for photography.
- Participants must have copyright of their submitted photographs.
- Participants must have approval from any individual identifiable in submitted photographs that the photographs may be used by organizers as per these rules.
- By entering the competition you allow the Swedish Irish Society permission to use your images for promotional purposes related to the Society’s activities. We will do our best to make sure you get credit whenever possible.
- In the event of a tiebreaker where two or more entrants have achieved the same number of points, the winner will be chosen by best submitted photo as chosen by the Swedish-Irish Society Committee.
- Multiple photographers may collaborate as a single participant and share the prize as they see fit.