Céad Mile Fáilte! Welcome! Välkommen!
Don’t miss this year’s Christmas Party!
For invitation and bookings, click here.
Deadline 28th November!!!
About the Society
The Swedish Irish Society has been building friendships since 1949. A small group of friends with ties to Ireland got together and decided to set up an organisation to encourage cultural links and friendly relations between Sweden and Ireland. Down the years the Society has made a big contribution to ensuring that the relationship remains strong and vibrant. It has grown during its 65 years of activity to its present membership of around 200 people.
It has also become a community where new arrivals can meet a whole network of Irish and Swedish friends and contacts. These are the achievements of our members. The fun and exciting events that we organise are a testimony to decades of commitment would not be possible without your support.
The purpose of the society is to encourage and develop the mutual cultural ties between Sweden and Ireland, and to strengthen and promote friendly relations between the two countries.
Most of the members live in the vicinity of Stockholm, where the meetings usually take place, but we have members in other parts of Sweden as well as in Ireland and even other parts of the world.
The society organises between several events during the year, and the aim is to provide a varied program appealing to adults and children. Our most popular meetings are the Christmas Party in December and St Patrick’s Day, on or around 17th March. Our program also includes social events, pub evenings, talks on Irish music, literature, history and other aspects of Irish life, and we arrange visits to the theatre, concerts and films to attend shows with Irish interest.
The society occasionally publishes a Newsletter, but as time goes on we rely more on more on this website, e-mail and social media to spread news and articles of Irish and society interest.
Céad Mile Fáilte! Welcome! Välkommen!
November 2014 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Join the Society!
Join the Swedish Irish Society to be invited to a wide range of social events and cultural activities, as well as the chance to avail of discounts via our new membership card scheme!
Members get together for exclusive performances, readings, lectures and "meet and greets" with a wide range of Swedish and Irish cultural figures, from Colm Tobín to comedian Ardal O'Hanlon.
We also have regular social and family events, not to mention the annual St Patrick's Day parade.
To join, simply pay the membership fee to our PlusGiro account 35 68 90-4 and e-mail your name and address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Membership fees are as follows:
Family: 250 kr
Single: 150 kr
Student: 100 kr
First time member: 100 kr
- Pope Francis criticises 'elderly' Europe
- Kenny commends Obama for immigration reforms
- Dáil approves motions on banking inquiry
- Major changes to medical card scheme
- National Guard troops tripled after Ferguson riots
- Ambassador's former staff awarded €80K each
- Baby dropped from window among six saved from fire
- O'Sullivan honoured to be Garda Commissioner
- Ford not opposed to cross-border IRA abuse inquiry
- France delays sending warship to Russia
- Dublin man goes on trial accused of damaging €10m Monet painting
- Metal detector stops solicitor visiting prisoner
- Garda Commissioner Nóirín O’Sullivan vows new dawn
- New Garda Commissioner promises new dawn for the force
- Garda Commissioner Nóirín O’Sullivan vows new dawn for force
- Taoiseach rails at SF members ‘insulting ordinary people’
- Bank can repossess home of mother of four, judge rules
- Government has approved HSE draft service plan, Taoiseach tells Dáil
- Principals told to close schools for a day in junior cycle protest
- Gardaí told Ian Bailey’s partner he confessed to murder